UBI - The Power of Light!
It has been long known that there is a connection between sunlight and health. For over one hundred years, light therapy has been used to treat a variety of medical conditions. This technique is called Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation or Photoluminescence.
Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation, simply called UBI, is a simple, painless and safe means of treating a person for a variety of illnesses. The procedure involves removing about 200 cc of blood (about the amount in a typical glass of water) and passing the blood through a quartz cuvette where it is exposed to ultraviolet light and returned to the blood stream. The ultraviolet light used is the same wave length produced by sunlight.
Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation may improve your health by:
- Inactivation of toxins.
- Destruction and inhibition of bacteria, viruses and fungi by activation of white blood cell function.
- Stimulation of cellular immunity.
- Activation of steroid hormones and stimulation of corticosteroid production.
- Improved circulation and decreased platelet aggregation.
- Vasodilation - dilates blood vessels.
- Decreased blood viscosity - improves blood flow.
- Increases oxygenation in the blood.
Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation has been used to treat the following conditions:
- Allergies - inhaled and food.
- Autoimmune diseases such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and Sjorgen's Syndrome.
- Cancer - various types including breast, colon and prostate.
- Chronic candidiasis - chronic yeast overgrowth.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome and conditions.
- MRSA infections
- Multiple sclerosis
- Peripheral vascular disease.
- Various other common medical conditions.
UBI is one of the Oxidative Therapies; therapies that proved themselves for decades but have not been taught in medical school since the thirties and forties. Photoluminescence increases oxygen levels in the blood and thereby improves a variety of medical conditions.
UBI transmits energy to the blood. The effect of the ultraviolet light on the blood affects the chemical energies in the blood creating a strong response in the body. White blood cells begin to stabilize. The blood itself will come into balance. If the body is anemic, photoluminescence tends to build red blood cells. Photoluminescence helps the liver rid itself of fat and hence helps in treating elevated cholesterol and triglyceride problems. It allows for more efficient detoxification by the liver. Photoluminescence increases a cells permeability which enhances the body's ability to produce antibodies and fight infection.
Photoluminescence indirectly attacks pathogenic microorganisms by causing a chemical reaction in the cell membrane increasing the cells ability to fight infection. The blood that is exposed to ultraviolet light continues to emit secondary radiation. Some scientists believe this may be the way ultraviolet blood irradiation has cumulative effects. Each treatment builds on and enhances the effects of previous treatments.
Overall, ultraviolet blood irradiation is a simple, safe and effective therapy for a variety of medical conditions. You may find more information regarding UBI treatment on our "Learn More" page. You are also welcome to contact any member of the Wycoff Wellness Center staff to learn more about this exciting treatment option or receive additional information.
UBI Treatment Costs
New Patient Initial Evaluation - before first UBI Treatment - $200.00 to $400.00 (specific amount depends upon time and complexity of medical issues).
Please note: If you are a cancer patient using cesium protocol and have not had an EKG in the last 6 months, you will need an EKG - $100.00
If you have had an EKG in the last 6 months, you will need to bring a copy to your first appointment.
Per Treatment - $150.00
Purchase a 5 UBI package - $600.00
Frequency of UBI treatment recommendations:
There are initial treatments and recommended follow up treatments monthly or annually.
- Allergy patients- 4 initial treatments recommended
- Cancer patients - 10 initial treatments recommended
- Diabetes patients - 10 initial treatments recommended
- Fibromyalgia patients - 6 initial treatments recommended
- Hepatitis C patients - 10 initial treatments recommended
- Hepatitis A & B patients - 4 initial treatments recommended
- Multiple Sclerosis patients - 10 initial treatments recommended
- Autoimmune disease patients - 10 initial treatments recommended
- Shingles patients - 6 initial treatments recommended
- Infection (staph, sinus, throat, etc.) - 4 initial treatments recommended
- Other diagnosis - please call for initial recommendations
Follow up appointment(s) if required - $130.00
Cesium Chloride and Potassium Supplement - 1 month supply - $140.00
Alkaline test strips - 1 roll $16.00