UBI - The Power of Light!
Ultraviolet blood irradiation (simple called UBI) is a cure that time has indeed forgotten. UBI was extensively used in the 1940’s and 1950’s to treat medical conditions including pneumonia, tuberculosis and even cancer. The advent of antibiotics lead to a decline in the use of UBI as an effective treatment option. Now, with the increasing incidence of antibiotic resistant infections and a desire for more natural therapies, UBI is enjoying a type of rebirth.
The UBI procedure involves inserting a small catheter (similar to giving blood) into a vein in the forearm. A small amount of blood is removed with sterile technique; approximately 200 cc or 6 ounces. The blood passes through a flat quartz cuvette, is irradiated with ultraviolet light in a closed, airtight, sterile circuit and returned to the blood stream. The entire procedure takes about one hour.
Strengthening the Immune System is the Key to Health & Wellness!
Experience has shown that UBI can strengthen the immune system and improve overall health. UBI has been shown to have the following benefits:
- Increases oxygen absorption into body tissues
- Destruction of fungal, viral and bacterial growth
- Enhances the immune system’s ability to fight infection
- Improves circulation and decreases platelet aggregation
- Improves circulation by dilating blood vessels
- Improves the body’s ability to detoxify and inactivate or remove toxins
It is believed that exposure to ultraviolet light boosts the immune system and continues to provide benefits even after the treatments are completed. Ultraviolet blood irradiation has a cumulative effect. Initial treatments are usually followed by maintenance treatments. Indeed UBI has been proven to be a safe and effective medical treatment.
UBI may be used alone or in conjunction with other treatments for conditions including:
- Allergies – inhaled, food or chemical
- Arthritis – osteoarthritis, rheumatoid or psoriatic
- Autoimmune illnesses – e.g. SLE, RA, Ulcerative Colitis, Scleroderma...
- Candida (yeast) overgrowth
- Acute infections – influenza, cold, viral or bacterial infection
- Eczema & psoriasis
- Fatigue – acute and chronic
- Lyme disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Herpes zoster and simplex
Safe, effective and nearly painless!
Ultraviolet blood irradiation is exceedingly safe. The most common side effect is some bruising at the insertion site of the intravenous catheter. Some patients experience mild fatigue which is short lived. Very few side effects are ever encountered.
One might ask why UBI is not a standard treatment offered by many physicians. Why would something that is so simple, well tolerated and effective not be endorsed by main stream medicine? The answer is related to economics and the control the pharmaceutical industry has on physicians and elected officials. UBI is seen as a threat to a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical industry. Also, there is a degree of ignorance or unwillingness to accept treatments that are not taught to physicians as part of their medical school curriculum. The fear of the unknown is threatening to most physicians.
Physicians who use UBI therapy have found this to be an amazingly effective therapy. They realize this is a safe method of improving health naturally without the potential side effects of drugs. Over one million UBI treatments have been administered worldwide without significant side effects experienced by any patient!
The Treatment Time Forgot!
The future of UBI is indeed bright. We all know that with time all things seem to come around again. This seems particularly true in the world of medicine; sometimes the old ways become the “new” way to treating illness and improve health. We can only hope that such an exciting treatment will become more accepted in the future. Ultimately ultraviolet blood irradiation may turn out not be the treatment that time forgot but the treatment that time remembered!
Find out if UBI treatments may help improve your health and wellness. Contact the Wycoff Wellness Center today to schedule your initial appointment!
IUBI Treatment Costs
New Patient Initial Evaluation - before first UBI Treatment - $200.00 to $400.00 (specific amount depends upon time and complexity of medical issues).
Please note: If you are a cancer patient using cesium protocol and have not had an EKG in the last 6 months, you may require an EKG - $100.00
If you have had an EKG in the last 6 months, you will need to bring a copy to your first appointment.
Cost per treatment - $150.00
Purchase a 5 UBI package - $600.00
Frequency of UBI treatment recommendations:
There are initial treatments and recommended follow up treatments monthly or annually. Below is a general guideline to typically recommended treatments. The specific recommendation for your individual health issues will be discussed and made by Dr. Wycoff:
- Allergy patients- 4 initial treatments recommended
- Cancer patients - 10 initial treatments recommended
- Diabetes patients - 10 initial treatments recommended
- Fibromyalgia patients - 6 initial treatments recommended
- Hepatitis C patients - 10 initial treatments recommended
- Hepatitis A & B patients - 4 initial treatments recommended
- Multiple Sclerosis patients - 10 initial treatments recommended
- Autoimmune disease patients - 10 initial treatments recommended
- Shingles patients - 6 initial treatments recommended
- Infection (staph, sinus, throat, etc.) - 4 initial treatments recommended
- Other diagnosis - please call for initial recommendations
Follow up appointment(s) if required - $150.00
Cesium Chloride and Potassium Supplement - 1 month supply - $175.00
Alkaline test strips - 1 roll $16.00
Do Not Live in the Mid-Michigan Area?
Ultraviolet blood irradiation may still be a treatment option for you. We can refer you to a local company (Mobile UBI & IV Services) that may be able to perform mobile UBI services in a location near you (or even in your home). Please contact our office for additional details.