UltraMeal® Plus Medical Food
UltraMeal Plus is a medical food formulated with a proprietary soy protein and plant sterol blend to nutritionally support the management of conditions associated with metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease, such as:
UltraMeal Plus—along with a low-glycemic-index dietary program and regular exercise—has been clinically tested and shown to improve important markers of cardiovascular health and support a healthy body composition (a healthy ratio of lean muscle mass to fat mass).
- Provides 15 grams of soy protein per serving from PharmaSoy®. Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 25 grams of soy protein a day may reduce the risk of heart disease. Soy protein has also been shown to have cholesterol-lowering effects.
- Provides 2 grams of plant sterols per serving. The NIH recommends consumption of 2 grams of plant sterols to promote healthy cholesterol levels. Foods containing at least 0.65 g per serving of plant sterol esters, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily total intake of at least 1.3 g as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Supplies a low-glycemic-index formula of only 150 calories for cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome patients.
- Provides a full complement of vitamins and minerals, including non-dairy calcium and chromium.
- Comes with a Quick-Start Guide or a more comprehensive Patient Guide for complete program guidelines.
- Available in natural and delicious, dairy-free Natural Vanilla, Natural Dutch Chocolate, Natural Mocha, and Strawberry Supreme.
|Serving Size: 2 scoops (50 g)|
|Recommendations: Blend, shake, or briskly stir about two level scoops into eight ounces of chilled water twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.|
|†Saturated fat is contributed by olive oil which has recognized health benefits.
†† Non-genetically engineered, identity-preserved soy protein.
††† As Metafolin® U.S. Patent Nos. 5,997,915; 6,254,904.
This product contains no high fructose corn syrup.